Monday, April 27, 2009

And for an RIP encore...

Paige came in while I was changing a diaper and asked, "What do snail moms give their kids when they misobey?"

"I have no idea," says I patiently, not really paying attention since no blood was gushing from anywhere and there was no smell of smoke in the air.

"Slime outs."

I paused with the (clean) diaper hanging in the air to think about what just came out of my 4 year old's brain. She was grinning like a chimpanzee.

"Where did you learn that joke?" I was casually trying to do fasten the aforementioned diaper without looking overtly curious. It doesn't happen often that Paige is the bearer of never-before-heard jokes, although a little mistranslation is nothing new.

"In (pause to run down the hall and return with magazine in hand) this Ranger Rick." We got a new one in the mail a week ago and it looks like she's already zipped through the joke page. I knew she could read well, but I didn't think her comprehension was THAT good when it came to knee slappers.

I like my kids. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sada this is Natassja from dance!!
    I hope you get better soon me and the other tasha are worried sick!! you are a nice and funny girl and i hope that i can see you soon!!
    Natassja Grossman

    ReplyDelete