Friday, March 27, 2009

Now accepting applications

She's hired! Given that most days I feel like I'm running a one-roomed nursery, preschool, and grade school, it was awfully nice to get a break at least from the preschool duty today. Sada wanted an Easter activity to make this afternoon, so I found a cute little chick poem complete with chicks and a barn all in corresponding colors for her to make. I thought she'd just color and cut a cute little activity(boring, but great for increasing dexterity). Instead, she made a full flannel-board lesson with 18 good-sized rainbow-colored chicks in eggs to match to the poem colors and gave Paige and Jason an art/ language/ math lesson all in one. She found the felt and flannel board - that alone is impressive. But the best part - she did it all on her own without any help from yours truly, freeing me up for a good 15 minutes while kids were HAPPILY occupied in school! Yeah!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sada! I'm home from the hospital and wanted to send you a little note! I followed your advice and even though my surgery ended at 9:30 PM Monday, I was off the pain med pump by 4:00 the next morning. Docs said it was because I drank like a fish and got all the meds out of my system. The first day was tough but I did so great I got to come home Thursday first thing in the morning. Now I'm looking forward to taking pics over the summer and inventing new games. Take good care, Sweetheart! My love to the fam! Love, Trac`

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know the Primary has not forgotten you. Sis. Payne told us all about how your family sang to her and she was very touched. I have been on crutches and had lots of family things come up but I think of you so often. We pray for you each week in Primary. I will be gone for two weeks to help drive my son's car to Buffalo and we will visit two other sons and their families. I really have some things that are sitting on my desk ready to run off and never quite get to it. I'm hoping for more time when I get back. Love you and it sounds like you are so creative and upbeat. Hang in there. Sis. Chambers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ty would love to get in on that lesson, Miss Sada!

    ReplyDelete