Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm tired and bored and I've kinks in my legs...

Following up on the Dr. Seuss theme, Mayzie really gives a perfect description of Sada after Tuesday's physical therapy workout. Poor girl could barely walk without holding onto something because her legs were shaking so bad!

She's so much stronger than she was that now she gets to push to see what she's really capable of - namely balancing in different positions, landing steady after squat jumps, crossing midline hopscotch games and more. Rubbing arnica cream into her sore muscles helped and she went to sleep faster than any of the other kids. I'm going to add "Do Your Exercises" to her vitamin list so she'll remember her mini-workout every day and not lose what she worked so hard for. She also got taped again on her hands (to help with detail work) and back (structural posture support). Last week her arms were covered in bright blue Kinesio tape, so she changed it up and went with neon pink this time. We're going to hide it from Paige and Jason so they don't get any new ideas and duct tape themseves to the bed, or worse, to each other.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sada, I can really understand your kinks and knots. I get them too, and I can hardly wait until I have the luxury of stretching my muscles and trying new things. Hope to soon, if my surgery date is still on for the 23rd. When I was your age I was memorizing poetry. I have two favorites I still know by heart, and I am going to send them to you in email. If you can recite them to your mom, I'll send you something special, but it will take time, because I want you to really understand their meaning. Let me know when you pass the test! Love, Trac`

    ReplyDelete