Thursday, January 15, 2009

By Sada:
This morning me and Dad went to Now I Can to do physical therapy. I woke Dad up at 8:00am, which was the time we were supposed to be there. We were 15 minutes late - ooops. I got to put on this really weird suit called the NeuroSuit. That's a brown leather suit that has lots of bungee cords on it that make it hard to move. They have 8 sizes and I was size 3. The cords try to stay contracted, so you have to stretch them to move. I popped one bungee cord on my leg and another one came off the hook, so they decided to replace the broken one. It went with a big pop and it was really funny.

Next I went into the Cage. It is a metal wire grid that has bungee cords attached to it. They put a belt on me and attached the bungee cords to the belt. It made me stay in the middle of the room. I had to stand still and keep my balance.

Then I went into the other half of the Cage which has a table. There were weights and some bungee cords with pulleys. They strapped some things on my shoes and attached it to the bungee cord while strapping my other leg down to the table so I couldn't cheat. The weights were attached to the pulleys which made me hold my leg up straight. Daddy named it the Rack. I think I had to hold each leg up for five minutes. It HURT! But afterwards, they rubbed lotion on my legs and that felt good.

When I came home, I did a hyperbaric dive with Alexis. We watched "The Ultimate Gift." It's a funny movie with a good lesson - be grateful for what you have and don't be greedy!

No comments:

Post a Comment