Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bug-Eyed Movie Marathon

The opthamology resident came in this morning to check out Sada's beautiful peepers. She still has a lot of bouncing when she's looking right at anything, totally normal for where the top tumor was removed (that's the area that controls eye movement). Last time it took a month or two to settle down, so we'll see. Her left eye is angled in and up compared to her right eye - a little more than before surgery, but less than after the first time around. That should get better as the inflamation in the cerebellum goes down. Most of the side-effects just take time and patience and a little physical therapy to re-teach the body what it knew before.

Because they needed to check her optic nerves, she had dialated pupils from 11am all afternoon. We brought in a DVD cart and watched a handful of movies while her eyes went back to normal. Then we set off a volcano on the 3rd floor patio made out of Mentos and Diet Coke. It was a little anti-climatic (probably needed a narrower neck to really spout off) so we headed over to the playroom to make another vinegar/baking soda volcano out of lots of aluminum foil, paint, and all kinds of medical equipment. Super-sized fun when you squirt the red vinegar & soap into the volcano with a 60cc syringe!

They'll probably let us out tomorrow morning so Sada's loading up on calories today... she's gone through First Breakfast, Second Breakfast, First Lunch, Snack Time, Second Lunch, and is just about to start on Dinner (with a Bedtime Snack to follow). She's going to be at least a pound or two heavier when we get home if Dr. Daddy has anything to do with it.

3 comments:

  1. Sada, You're so brave. I hope you can come home soon. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sada and family...I'm glad that things are looking up...you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Amber...Happy Mother's Day to you. You have been through quite a year or so and with another on the way, I'm sure you are pretty stressed to the max....take care of yourself!!! I love you all!!!! Keep getting better Sada XOXOXOXO Aunt Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. sada,this is abbie hall I don't know if you remember me but I just barely heard my mom talking abt. u I feel so bad that I wasn't more aware! It makes me sick to realize I might not have ever known had I not been so inquisitive! I hope to see u asap!
    xox abs
    p.s. my email is stefaniehall@yahoo.com ;)

    ReplyDelete