Saturday, September 11, 2010

Don't let me push, don't let me pull.....

Physical therapy started last week. We waited though the summer to see how Sada would recover on her own just running around outside, and to give Zach a little time to grow up and make the hours of appointments a little more feasible, and because Now I Can was booked up with out-of-town clients while school was out. Sada is doing good for having had her head examined from the inside out a few months ago, but she's still pretty tipsy at the most inopportune times.

Our friendly neighborhood physical therapist Sergio was waiting at Now I Can with mats, stairs and Kinesio tape. She's in for months of resistance training, balance and coordination exercise, taping for structural support and by this winter she'll be so used to hearing Sergio telling her "Don't let me push, don't let me pull, don't let me push, don't let me pull....." she'll probably share her newfound exercise knowledge with Zach to get him walking sooner. After 2 sessions, we could see a difference in her walk and posture - that place make miracles happen!

Now I Can had a concert tonight at the Scera Shell to help fund their scholarship program for families that can't afford the full cost of their session and all their clients were invited. Since it was going to be a late night, Grandma put the younger kids to bed and Mom and Dad got a night out with Sada and Alexis (and Zach 'cause he's cute). The music was great, they raised an amazing amount of money, and Zach loved dancing with his sisters under the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment