Friday, June 26, 2009

Entrepreneurial Ideas

I tried lemonade stands when I was little. I think I cleared a whole $2.75. Sada and Alexis started a store this week and invited their friends over to help run "The Quarter Store." They manned it for 14 hours and made $22! Yes, there were a few generous customers who didn't take their $.75 in change, but still! And the best part was I didn't have to help set it up!

They sold "Assorted Items" like giant crystalized rocks, lava rocks - "bubble rocks" that send up bubbles when dunked in water, necklaces, bookmarks, fresh herbs - thyme, sage, mint, lemon balm, sugar snap peas from the garden, plaster paw prints (best sellers) and plaster bug fossils. And for $.25 each item they did great! They did split the money between 5 or 6 helpers, but Sada told me that the amount of money wasn't important. "The most important thing is that we earned money by working hard and doing a good job." They plan on keeping it up through the summer and changing the inventory daily. Yes, they are adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment